self control in the form of financial rationing

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lysiosquillid

self control in the form of financial rationing

Post by lysiosquillid » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:46 pm

one thing that works for me, as i am not married, living with roomies but we all pay our own way with food... is to keep my weekly grocery bill under 25 dollars. ive found not only that it is economically better but i keep myself thinking, ok, i have to wait until monday to get groceries again. so i can't eat this now because i will be hungrier later. somehow this has proven to be a very good limiter and it makes the whole being self disciplined thing easier.

because that is one thing i am not.

:D
"Who goes there?"
-- "Tis I, Ellie, Killer of Ants!"

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:00 pm

Good idea. You can't eat what you don't have. That is one of my problems. We have too many options when we want to eat. This last week, we were on vacation for a couple of days and when we got home, we were out of many groceries and didn't want to get back in the car and go grocery shopping. I kept wandering around the kitchen looking for something to eat (it was an S day) and couldn't find anything so I gave up. I didn't die or anything. Plan for self: If it ain't there, I can't eat it. (I am going grocery shopping today. I will take this thought with me).
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."