habit vs willpower

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Toro

habit vs willpower

Post by Toro » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:14 pm

I'm a newbie(closing in on 21 days) but I think I'm already understanding the habit vs willpower concept. Last week I told you about the poker game and how although tempted by all the great snacks etc, I resisted them completely. But it took a little willpower.

This week, only 7 days later, we got together again and if anything the spread was even better this week. And despite my friends saying "wow this is good and that is good and Mike you should try this barbequed chicken, etc etc" I was strangely not even tempted.

So it didn't take any willpower whatsoever this week to resist. So I'm thinking maybe habit is beginning to kick in and I love it.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:31 pm

Mike, congrats!!!
Yes!!!
They work in tandem!

Very happy for you and your new found ways!
Enjoy your S days!!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:45 pm

It really is amazing to me how a little willpower can turn into a habit that is unbeatable.

Well done on creating a new habit from your willpower.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

results_not_typical

Post by results_not_typical » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:13 am

I have only been doing this a few days. But I am surprised at how much of a physical pull I feel to stick a snack in my mouth. Today, my son was eating some candy and the urge to eat one was strong. I resisted. I am glad to hear that it gets easier. Can't they play poker on the s days? :lol: