Battling but back again

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MerryKat

Battling but back again

Post by MerryKat » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:40 pm

I am so frustrated with myself, it is difficult to put it into words.

I know No S works - I have proved it to myself - but do I stick with it? No!

I am really battling at the moment to get going on my road to a healthier me. This is something I really need to do.

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism 7 years ago and that is basically undercontrol. In May 2006 I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and after a couple of weeks of taking my diet into the extreme and impossible for a few weeks (which never lasts or works for long) I went back to No S. I did this faithfuly for 1 month and lost nicely - not huge amounts, but slow and steady.

However since then I have yo-yo'ed up and down and my snacking / munching is out of hand. I just do not seem to be able to get going.

I know I am making excuses and I hate myself for it and how these foods make me feel.

I have got to get back to No S 100%. I need to loose my weight to aid my health and I really don't want to agrivate the side effects of diabetes.

Thanks for listening.

Mo

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:46 am

Welcome back, Mo.

It's hard to replace habits that have been built up over decades with new ones. For most of us there will be many setbacks before we get them replaced. But think about what it will be like to have the very power that's working so effectively against you now, habit, on your side, pushing you along. It will happen if you stay firm. The regularity of no-s is very habit friendly.

Best of luck this time around, or however many it takes,

Reinhard

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:58 am

Reinhard
Thank you for your kind words, and yes this time I will turn habit to my benefit, with the help of your great plan and the wonderful people here.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

results_not_typical

Post by results_not_typical » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:18 am

Just try to get one day under your belt and let the rest wait until tomorrow. You sound a little overwhelmed by the thought of it. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to get it going again. But you are thinking about it and it will come back to you.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:00 am

Thanks for the kind words. Yes it is overwhelming. I know this works (I have done it successfully), but it just takes time and a trigger to commit myself to it.

For me the key is commitment - and also time for the habit to build.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)