X times Y divided by 3500 = Z

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Toro

X times Y divided by 3500 = Z

Post by Toro » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:50 pm

This simple formula is why Nos is the best eating plan(I am very reluctant to call it a diet) I've ever tried.

X = Number of calories cut each day
Y = Number of days cutting calories
Z = Pounds lost

On every diet I've ever been on, I usually have some early success but eventually over the long term fail. I have failed because Y was always some finite number .

Because Nos is so reasonable, Y can conceivably be for the rest of your life. That's my plan anyway and I don't really see anything that can happen that will change that.

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:23 pm

It is reasonable, isn't it.

I've been sort of wondering what "maintenance" looks like. Maybe it's the same! Or maybe Wednesday becomes an honorary S day.

Or maybe... I'll have learned how to manage without thinking through S-day practice...

Yeah, right. (Well... maybe.)

Will decide what to do about it when I get there.

Toro

Post by Toro » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:58 pm

KCCC wrote:I've been sort of wondering what "maintenance" looks like. Maybe it's the same! Or maybe Wednesday becomes an honorary S day.
From what I understand is that there is no maintenance plan, this is it forever. And that is the beauty of it, I think.

Rollo

xyz

Post by Rollo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:09 pm

Hey Toro, I like the formula. Not that I am into counting calories, I never will be. Your formula, like this entire program, is so simple and a basic no-brainer. I'm new here and trying to get to know some of the people here, so I went back and read all of your posts. I like the way you think and it's fun reading about your successes, (and everyone else's too.)

No-Brainer - that could be another way to describe this "diet" (or, way of eating as I prefer to think of it.)
Rollo

zoolina

Post by zoolina » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:55 am

Not having to count calories is so liberating! But, I have to admit, I find myself counting them up anyway, more often than I'd like. What a weird habit to break--I didn't even know that I counted them up so often :!:

Toro

Post by Toro » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:15 pm

zoolina wrote:Not having to count calories is so liberating! But, I have to admit, I find myself counting them up anyway, more often than I'd like. What a weird habit to break--I didn't even know that I counted them up so often :!:
Just so I'm not misunderstood, I don't count calories at all. The formula is just to make the point that you can lose weight by either cutting a lot of calories each day but you will only be able to do that for a short finite period of time or you can lose weight but cutting just a small amount of calories each day which you should be able to do infinitely.

It then becomes obvious which way is more likely to work.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:27 am

The best thing about No S is that this IS the "maintenance plan"!
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)