Another newbie

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Iregirl

Post by Iregirl » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:36 pm

Welcome, Mir!

I don't find it all that surprising that this might be easy for you if it's how you ate all your life up until you got married. Congratulations on your great progress so far!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:28 pm

Good luck and good job so far!
Don't be nervous.. Our minds can psych us out sooo bad sometimes for no good reason..
You're doing great, and you are right that NoS really isn't at all unpleasant or, eurgh,,, "diet" like! LOL..

Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Iregirl

Post by Iregirl » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:09 pm

Mir wrote:3 plates a day of all kinds of food doesn't even look like a diet to me.
Exactly! I love how succinct and true that statement is. It really embodies so much of why No S works.

gtrchrdie

Post by gtrchrdie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:27 pm

I am also new to this site. I thought I would try to start with No-S days on Monday Dec 3. Would people recommend I start with just the eating part and later incorporate the shovelglove moves, or do it all at once. I found a sledgehammer in my garage. Who knew we had one? It all sounds pretty straight forward and it makes sense.

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:15 am

JillCo, you can do shovelglove if you want, but you can just do No S by itself too (as I am). The're very complementary systems, but you don't have to do both unless you want to.

Welcome and good luck!

Mir, welcome to you too. Sounds like you're doing GREAT! :)