My first day! Hello!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Senorita

My first day! Hello!

Post by Senorita » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Hello my name is Senorita and I'm a self admitted sugar addict. :)
I have to get off this addiction before I become sick. So, my sister introduced me to this No-S lifestlye and I think it's perfect for me.

It's going to be hard since I work for a food company and there's always food in the office - but I know that this is going to be the hardest thing I've ever done so far in my life and this time I am going to do it. No if's and's or but's about it.

I wish everyone all the best on this No-S lifestyle, especially during this holiday season. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you along this journey and hearing your ups and downs as well. We always learn from eachother.

Cheers,
Senorita

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm

Hola Senorita! Welcome to No-S.

If you keep in mind that you don't actually have to give up the sweets completely, that may make it easier for you. You just have to delay gratification for a little while. The payoff is weight management, good health, and you will really savor the sweets when you get them. Goodies taste better when you enjoy the anticipation and selection beforehand, and when there is no guilt afterward. Have fun!

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:45 pm

Welcome Senorita.
Enjoy the journey. I agree with Jan on the sweets. Staying focused and rolling with the punches are my 2 best pieces of advice.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

Senorita

Post by Senorita » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:56 pm

Thanks sooooo much. I just about had a panic attack sitting at my desk because I want chocolates so badly! There's a HUGE basket FULL of chocolates sitting on the table right behind me, but I keep reminding myself that it's not worth it (and I've eaten so much the past 4 days!). Thanks everyone...you're amazing!

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:37 pm

Welcome Seniorita!

I am only on my first 6 days, and I will tell you, it gets better!
The thing that has helped me most is to eat some protein with each meal, seems to delay hunger.

And also I wrote about hunger in my daily checkin, but I am choosing to view hunger differently:
1. My body is burning calories from elsewhere
2. My body is not wasting energy on digestion, so it can heal itself elsewhere more efficiently.
3. I will not die from starvation (really!) :)

I will graze/snack alllll day long, and it's usually very mindless. I've replaced that with drinking ice water.

I've also noticed that I want to make every N day meal 'count' well, so I am eating much more veggies and fruits as well. It might also help you if you find some recipes on cooking veggies, it really adds flavor and has helped me enjoy veggies a lot more than I used to.

Another thign that has helped me is the discussion of 'plating' your food.
1/2 of your plate veggies/fruit, 1/4 protein, 1/4 carb. NOt everyone follows this way but it seems to do well for me.

I notice that I am feeling better in so many ways, I am trying reeeally hard to stick with it and I'll tellyou it hasn't been so hard lately :)

Good luck, come here for great support and advice :)

Shamrockmommy

Sinnie

Post by Sinnie » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi there sis,

Glad to see you made it here. You'll love it. Everyone is very supportive, highly motivational and have some great tricks up their sleeve for following No S.

This week I also re-committed myself and oddly enough I'm finding it very easy. Let's hope this keeps up.

Keep reading, there is lots of info on here.

P.S. I sure hope you haven't eaten any of those chocolates staring you in the face! :twisted:

Kwag Myers

Post by Kwag Myers » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:10 pm

Hola Senorita!

Glad you've joined us along the No-S journey. I can totally relate to you when it comes to being a sugar fiend. However, the longer I stick with this, the less I crave it--and I find when I do eat or drink something sweet--it seems almost sickeningly so to me. A small sweet treat goes a long way with me these days.

I wish you all the best!
"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time." --James Taylor