burrito mishap

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

burrito mishap

Post by joasia » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:23 am

Not all things are created equal. Today I went to a Mexican restaurant and ate one normal size plate. But the burrito was HUGE. It was high and stuffed. Didn't eat anything else. Burritos are tricky because they are not flat on the plate, but they stick up. Luckily, I don't eat here often. Found the same to be true with big sub sandwiches. I know I know I should have eaten half. Still working on cooking and eating at home.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:12 pm

You know, I think part of the problem might be that you think the burrito (or sub) was a problem. It may not have been the best choice, but it fit on a plate, right? Be a little gentler with yourself!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Bee

Post by Bee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:12 am

I agree, and I think the nice thing about this way of eating is that there is a limited amount of damage you can do at one meal. You don't eat there often, so that is good, but once in a while, if that is what you want, go for it. And maybe you decide to try to eat a light dinner the next night. Or maybe not. For me, what works about this is that there are clear and simple rules, you try to stick to them, and as long as you stick to the rules, you just don't worry about it. I don't know about you, but for me, even if I eat a huge meal, as long as it fits on a plate and I don't have seconds or snacks or sweets, I am still eating a lot less in a day than I used to.

Some exceptions I can imagine in my head are a 2-foot sculpture made of butter. That might fit on a plate. Or a football sized hunk of cream cheese. Yes, those are probably unreasonable. But I think a giant burrito is within the realm of reason.

Good work keep it up!!!!

zoolina

Post by zoolina » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:28 pm

I just love how people share recipes around here... I'm having the cream cheese football for dinner tonight!