reply to new person, accidentally pressed new topic

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

reply to new person, accidentally pressed new topic

Post by joasia » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:09 pm

I tried the low carb diet. I lasted until lunch. That is right, I couldn't even do it a day. I love bread and pasta and potatoes too much. You can lose weight eating carbs. I lost weight with Weight Watchers and ate bread all the time. I refuse to believe that carbs, which are eaten by millions of thin people everyday, cause weight gain. As far as the combo meals go, ask for a plate. You will be surprised, those combos are huge and don't always fit on a plate.
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:46 am

Most people around the world eat plenty of carbs day in and day out. Asians eat white rice and wheat; Italians eat pasta and bread made from white flour, white rice and polenta; the French eat bread (again, from white flour) and potatoes and it goes on and on. They are not only slimmer than we are, they're healthier than we are. Or at least they were until American-style fast food and snack food appeared in their cities and towns.

The problem isn't that we eat carbs. The problem is that we eat too much of the wrong, unhealthy carbs -- simple carbs combined with fat -- cookies, cakes, pies, chips and so on. Not only do we eat too many of them, we eat them in huge amounts day in and day out.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."