I'm new here.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

childbride

I'm new here.

Post by childbride » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:53 pm

Hello, everyone. I'm new to No S - and on-line forums in general (which I always want to call "fora," but that's my Latin showing) - but I'm already impressed by the simplicity of the program and the supportive community here.

I've managed to lose and keep off about 60 lbs. over the course of 3 years - but only through crazy dieting, calorie-obsession, and generally making myself miserable. My goal is to get over my original goal of "lose 20 lbs. or else" and develop a healthy relationship with food.

Today is Day 1, and while not snacking has been very challenging so far, I'm looking forward to crossing the date off with a green marker at the end of the day!

Too solid flesh

I'm new here.

Post by Too solid flesh » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:06 pm

Welcome. I think you've come to the right place.

Not snacking is hard at first, but it does get easier. Good luck!

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:28 pm

Welcome!

Wow, 60 lbs, lost *and* kept off?!! That's great!

I am starting (again :oops: ) myself. This is the only plan I've found that I *want* to do-I find when I have stuck with this,I naturally make healthier choices, because I know if I don't I'll get hungry before my next meal! Every other plan I dread before I even start-I don't think I've made more than 1 day on any other plan!!

Anyway, good luck!! Glad you are here!

Hilary

childbride

Post by childbride » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:20 am

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yep, 60 lbs. gone...but through a lot of (unecessary) suffering. I'm glad to have lost that weight, but I really wish I had done it in a more sane manner. It's great to have found a way of eating to lose weight that is both effective and reasonable.

Space_mom

Post by Space_mom » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:41 pm

Welcome, I'm new too, just finished my first week. It wasn't painful and I'm 2 pounds down! Amazing! I was baffled about not snacking at first, I had to resort to a glass of milk, which was enough to get me going till dinner time. Honestly, I had thought I'd starve with just a glass of milk mid-afternoon, but no... it's quite filling, and to tell you the truth, as the days went by I didn't feel as strongly that I had to have something. In a couple days I may be ready to let go of the milk snack altogether! Knock on wood!

Congrats on your past weight management, hopefully this time it won' t be so painful! I'll be rooting for you :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:51 pm

Welcome!

No S is good for losing weight, but it's great for maintaining.

Best of luck and keep us posted,

Reinhard

jennzenn

Post by jennzenn » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi, I'm new here too...and I feel the same way as a previous poster mentioned (if I know I have to make it to the next meal...I make healthier choices)

This has been the number one thing that has given me amazing energy.

No more coffee and bagel mornings! It just doesn't cut it. And here I had been wondering why I was so tired all of the morning and afternoon.
Blood sugar imbalance anyone???

Since starting no-s.....there is no-s(leepiness) in the mid-morning!!!!

Jennzenn