Almost through Week 1 NoS

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bex2_5

Almost through Week 1 NoS

Post by bex2_5 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to post that its Friday and I've been committed since Monday to No S. I have had a couple of late night munchies (I hope to make it through all of next week w/o them), but thats it. And I can tell a difference! I noticed I looked a bit slimmer already this morning, so I just wanted to post and say THANK YOU! I was really excited about trying this as soon as I read about it, and its giving me a real daytime willpower boost. Hopefully in Week 2, I'll have a nighttime willpower boost and by Week 3/21 days, I'll have the willpower thing down!
I must say though, I AM looking forward to going to dinner tomorrow night and having Sweets for dessert :-)
Have a great S weekend!

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:36 pm

Enjoy! The nicest part about NoS to me is that when I do have sweets, they don't come with a side order of guilt. (And they taste so much better without it!)

Hope Week 2 goes even better for you. I had to phase in "no snacks" when I started, but the afternoon snack was my rough spot. I began by limiting snack options to a fruit or veggie, IF I needed it. You can't do much damage with a fruit/veggie, and the "IF" clause made me stop and reconsider. That worked. Since then, I've found the podcast on "strictness" really helpful whenever I'm not sticking to the rules as well as I aspire to.

The habit does get easier over time.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:10 am

Congratulations on your first week!
I think I'm in my 4th set of 21 now and things are really changing for me. The guilt free S days and really decadent desserts are a plus but also the most freeing thing for me has been that I am (typically) not hungry between meals and especially that I just don't feel like snacking anymore. There are a few times where I'll be hungrier than usual but I am able to get through them pretty well.

Wanted to say welcome, keep posting and happy s'ing :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:36 pm

Congratulations! I just finished my first week also! It feels good, doesn't it?! Keep it up!
mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!