Alcohol on S days

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

chentegt

Alcohol on S days

Post by chentegt » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:44 pm

Hello,

I used to have a weekend day with my buddies to have our beers / rum /whiskeys / etc. before joining No S Diet, and now when saturday comes, I've managed to moderate my S day drinks to 3 glasses max.

However, I'd still like to have my saturday's buzz like before, though not so excessive, of course. I know about the glass ceiling concept, but does it apply too to S days? or can I break the 2 glass limit rule too on S days, like with the esses? I usually just drink saturdays, would 5 or 6 drinks on that day (enough to just be happy, not dizzy, I know my limits) be ok as a S day rulebreak?
On weekends I still don't eat sweets (I've never really had a fascination with sugary things...), and usually snack just 1 time in those 48 hours, so basically I still manage to keep my weekends almost like N days by incstinct :lol: ...

Thanks for your help!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:23 pm

It's not something I would do, but I think it's up to you.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:39 am

Five or six drinks in one go is bad for you, regardless of S-days or otherwise. Not that it stops me. Feel free to drink however much you will; just don't delude yourself that it's in any way healthy.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi chentegt,

No-s doesn't actually limit drinks, alcoholic or otherwise (as long as they're not loaded with sugar).

There is another system I practice, glass ceiling, which does limit drinks. It's compatible with, but not an inherent part of No-s.

So you can technically do No-s with more than 2 drinks a day. That being said, I don't think it's a good idea. No so much from a weight management perspective as from an alcohol abuse perspective. Believe me, I understand the temptation. That's why I practice glass ceiling.

Note: glass ceiling is based on calendar days. So if the party goes on long enough...

Best of luck, whatever you decide,

Reinhard