OMG--It Works!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

TigerCrane

OMG--It Works!

Post by TigerCrane » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:44 am

I decided to hold off on weighing myself until I had done the diet for 21 days.

The result? I lost EIGHT POUNDS!

I wasn't expecting much, because (as recomended) I was eating lots of good food...including meatball subs with potato chips, burgers and fries, all the "bad food". So I would have been happy with any progress at all. I'm overjoyed. Losing weight while eating meatball subs? This is earth shattering. Rienhard, I hope your book makes a million dollars! Further I hope every fat person in this fat nation of ours adopts these habits and gives up the crazy yo-yo9n.

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:34 am

Cheers for you TigerCrane! That's wonderful! I, too, had the same idea of not weighing myself until after the first 21 days. Today is the start of my 11th day - so I have 10 more to go! I only hope that my results will be as awesome as yours! Keep it up!
mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

The Preacher

Post by The Preacher » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:42 am

That's awesome Tiger. Very inspirational.
I hereby command you: Be strong and couragous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. -- Joshua 1:9

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:43 am

Congrats!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:45 am

If your results aren't as good, don't despair. For some, it goes quickly, for others, less quickly. Think long term. It works long term.
mimi wrote:Cheers for you TigerCrane! That's wonderful! I, too, had the same idea of not weighing myself until after the first 21 days. Today is the start of my 11th day - so I have 10 more to go! I only hope that my results will be as awesome as yours! Keep it up!
mimi
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:43 am

That is so great, TigerCrane!! Congratulations!!

I have been on this since February 28, 2007. I have only lost about three pounds-so "Don't give Up" is my motto

8)

But this is the first time in years my scale has said UNDER 170. So even though its a TEENY WEENY bit, I am very happy :D

I hope I can soon say I've lost 8 lbs, like you! Congrats again!!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:59 am

You guys are all so inspirational! Thanks, Kevin for the words of wisdom. I do tend to lose weight very slowly - part of my reason for not wanting to weigh for 21 days. I do so much better if I don't focus on the numbers on the scale. Believe me, I will be happy with 2 or 3 pounds - as long as I'm going down - I haven't been able to stick to any kind of weight loss program for longer than a few days. I either feel freaky, deprived, bored, or just plain mad that I can't eat like a "normal" person. For the first time EVER, I feel like a "normal" person. So, I will think long term, Kevin, long term! I know I sound like a broken record, but I love No-S :)
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!