Starting Again

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

szymon

Starting Again

Post by szymon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:55 pm

So I started No S in November last year, got down to a sensible weight in February, and then somehow faded out. Starting again. Hints and encouragement gratefully accepted.

*sniff* :-(

-simon

szymon

Post by szymon » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:04 pm

Just found HabitCal, looks like it will help:

http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... SimonsDiet

-simon

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:34 pm

Welcome back! Sometimes it takes more than one try to get this down firmly. At least it did for me. So just keep at it and don't get discouraged.

brotherjohn

Post by brotherjohn » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:25 pm

Good morning, Simon!

This is my 12th :wink: attempt on the no-s plan...so according to Reinhard, I am in a good position to succeed this time.

I grew up in Arkansas, and one of the few famous Arkansans is the singer Glen Campbell. Some years ago, he said something to this effect: "I have finally figured out what my problem in life is. Every three years I marry a woman who don't love me, and she takes all my money."

I have kind of reached the same point...I think I have figured out what my no-s problem was. I did not sit down and eat my three plates of food each day.

So, I am really trying to be disciplined and to sit down and eat my three plates. When I finish my first plate, I say to my friends at the table, "Well, I have finished my first plate of food for the day." Later on, I repeat the process two more times.

I have a feeling in my heart of hearts that I am going to make progress this time...and I believe that you are going to make it too!

blessings,

John

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:40 pm

Good luck, Simon! I think the habitcal might be a real help. Resolve to fill it out for a solid month no matter how ugly it gets and I think you'll be hooked. It'll put a gentle but effective pressure on you to stick with it.

Brother John, it's pseudostatistically inevitable that you'll make it this time! (actually, I think 12 was supposed to be the average, so don't feel too discouraged if it takes a few more). It sounds like you've acquired some useful self-knowledge from your slip ups, so that's progress.

Reinhard

szymon

Post by szymon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:47 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. That's one day down, only (the rest of my life) to go :-)

I think this time around I'll use the check-in...

-simon

szymon

Third time's a charm

Post by szymon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:05 am

Here we go again. Back up to 115kgs.

This time I have extra incentive. Diagnosed with NAFLD, gastroenteritis, reflux, and back problems also likely related to weight.

Let's see if I can keep it up for longer this time!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:19 am

Hi Simon, good luck!
You are in good company and not the only one to have fallen off the wagon a bit.. me too and a number of others.. but you are here again and that's what counts!
ps.. Trying to remember you.. are you Simon from Canada by any chance?
Peace,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness