Success so far :)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

chentegt

Post by chentegt » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:30 pm

Hey everyone!

Started doing no s diet on january (after a battle of fad diets) with a fluctuating weight of 160-163 lbs.

Today I weigh 150 lbs, the belly is smaller but it is still there (still have work to do), however so far I consider it a success.

Up to march I had been abusing the No S Guidelines for S days, I drank too much alcohol and had many seconds on weekend, added to the fact that I was not exercising often. I managed to lose only 2 lbs by that time. Around april, I adopted the "dont be an idiot" guideline, and on may I "discovered" shovelglove. Just by implementing those 2 concepts, I've managed to lose 8 more lbs in one month :).

Last week, I started doing rope jump every other day, for 10 mins, and I feel with more energy (my legs also get a great workout). I feel this kind of exercise works in great synergy with shovelglove (which by the way I'm also loving!).

So, the point of this thread is to remind you that by being consistent, and making this easy system an habit, you can succeed little by little. Also, I want to point you out that it is VERY IMPORTANT to consider the 'don't be an idiot' rule and incorporate some fun activity almost daily. It made a difference for me in the last month.

I still have some pounds to lose, but definitely this is something I can keep for life!

Good luck fellow nosers and "shovelers"!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:46 pm

Congratulations! Nice habits, nice results, and a nice habit building period of time under your belt.

Jumping rope does sound like a great supplement/complement to shovelglove. There's gotta be a reason all those boxers are so into it.

Want to be the first to add it to the HabitCal?

Reinhard

chentegt

Post by chentegt » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:58 pm

Thank you!
I'll make use of the habitcal, looks nice

chentegt

Post by chentegt » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:14 pm

Well, I'm hapy to announce that since my original post on this thread, I've lost another 9-10 pounds. Shovelglove mon-fri + 15 mins of jump rope monday to saturday works wonders :). I will take some pictures in a few days to post the before and during :D.

Greetings

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:55 pm

chentegt wrote:Well, I'm hapy to announce that since my original post on this thread, I've lost another 9-10 pounds. Shovelglove mon-fri + 15 mins of jump rope monday to saturday works wonders :). I will take some pictures in a few days to post the before and during :D.

Greetings
Congratulations, Chentegt! That is great news.

Please do post before and during photos. I'd love to see them.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:09 pm

Wow, that was quick! Congratulations!

Looking forward to the photos,

Reinhard

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:25 am

Excellent news!!
Congratulations!!!
That's very inspiring!! :D
Peace and Love,