Brand new - overwhelmed!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SlinkyRara

Brand new - overwhelmed!!

Post by SlinkyRara » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:22 pm

Hello everyone *waves*

I only found this forum / board / system this morning and am overwhelmed by it!

I have had a read through the main page and still have a few questions. I'd be so grateful if anybody could help.

1. I assume alcohol is an 'S' seeing as it's mainly sugar? Am I right?

2. What about tea and coffee between meals, are they still 'S's?

3. I lost 28lbs with WW and have swiftly regained 10lbs. Anybody else been in the same position and found this was a good way to stop the spiral?

Many thanks in advance!!

x

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:44 pm

Alcohol is an individual choice. Reinhard uses the "glass ceiling" and permits himself up to two drinks a day.

Some people place it lower. Some people choose not to drink at all.

I drink coffee and tea between meals. I'd go nuts if I didn't!

Yes, this is a good way to halt a weight gain, if nothing else. You will NOT lose quickly doing No S. (And you really, really should throw in some exercise). If you stick with it for the LONG TERM you will start to notice a slow downward trend.

SlinkyRara

Post by SlinkyRara » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Thanks ever so much!!

x

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:59 pm

I lost weight TWICE on WW and then gained some of it back. I can lose on it, but I can't maintain on it - just takes more attention than I can give it in the long run.

No-S works for me. I'm under my WW end-weight, and stay in a reasonable range. Plus, I tend to be mentally calmer about food. (Most of the time, anyway.) I do think my eating habits are being re-trained in better directions.

Welcome. :)