I can see why something like this could work....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tomahawkk

I can see why something like this could work....

Post by tomahawkk » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:07 am

at least the oil anyway. I really do think there is good science behind that. It's th ewhole protein/fat thing with the low glycemic and high protein diets. You can really go a lot longer without getting hungry on a high protein or high fat meal than you can on a carb or starch heavy meal. Think of the difference in your hunger when you have cereal for breakfast vs eggs. With eggs, I can go until lunch w/o thinking about my hunger. If I just have cereal I'm hungery in a couple of hours. Sick hungry. And remember Atkin's cure for plateauing? Fat. Fat supposedly helps you burn fat. Now, the sugar water? That doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sensitive to sugar. If I had sugar water on an empty stomach, I'd be sick to my stomach! And starved!

tomahawkk

I messed up posting this-

Post by tomahawkk » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:11 am

I meant to place it under 'help for hunger', talking about the Shangra Lai diet- sorry.