Shovelgloving for women?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SlinkyRara

Shovelgloving for women?

Post by SlinkyRara » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:22 am

Hello all

Is there any particular difference in the way a woman should shovelglove? I have watched the movements on the you tube bit, and they look intense!!

Any women shovelglovers out there want to share any tips? Also, what if I don't have a sledgehammer? Is there anything else I could substitute it with?

x

NoelFigart

Re: Shovelgloving for women?

Post by NoelFigart » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:27 am

SlinkyRara wrote:Hello all

Is there any particular difference in the way a woman should shovelglove? I have watched the movements on the you tube bit, and they look intense!!

Any women shovelglovers out there want to share any tips? Also, what if I don't have a sledgehammer? Is there anything else I could substitute it with?

x
A) Sledgehammers are cheap, but anything with a stick and a bit of heft on the end is all good.

B) Men and women do not have to train differently. God, that's an idea that drives me NUTS. People of different strength levels might have to use a different amount of WEIGHT, but other than that, no difference.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:55 pm

Just be prepared for the first few days to feel pretty sore.. Shouldn't be a terrible agony type sore, but you will feel it.
Make sure you get a hammer which is really comfortable for you.
At worst, if the hammer is too light, at least you will be able to possibly do quicker movements and have fun pretending you are a ninja warrior or something! LOL..
If you don't normally lift weights or do stuff with your hands, work on getting a good solid grip and just take it nice and slow.
I go very slowly and don't even bother to try and do Reinhards speed or routine. It's too much and too fast for me.
He is haaaaard core!!! :wink:
Have fun!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness