Here I am again...for the third time - sigh

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:03 pm

My life has been a whirlwind since I went on vacation in July - that began the downhill slide and it just kept snowballing from there. We had two grandchildren born within three weeks of each other and school started as well. I feel so behind in everything - and to make matters worse - I stepped on the scale this morning and found that I have gained back all the weight I had lost since April - except for a half pound. :(
I'm going to make a valiant effort to get back on track with my eating one day at a time...that's all I can do - one day at a time.
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:58 pm

Congratulations on the birth of the two grandchildren. How wonderful!

The weight gain does sound disheartening, but you have had a tremendous amount going on. I also find that I lose weight slowly, and put it on really fast, so try to think long term.

You have had some success with NoS, and you can do it again! Be gentle with yourself and just keep plugging away.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:03 pm

Welcome back, mimi.

Don't beat yourself up. Hey, at least you're still down from where you started, even if only a little. That sure beats the status quo of gaining.

Congratulations on your two wonderful excuses!

Reinhard