My First Day!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ljones486

My First Day!

Post by ljones486 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi everyone! This is my first day on the No S Diet, and I'm only half way through it at that, but I've had some interesting revelations so far. I normally have a morning snack, around 10 o'clock, so I knew I'd be weak at this time. Well, 10 came around, I got that familiar hunger pang, I waited it out, and in less than half an hour I felt like I normally do when I eat a snack! NOT HUNGRY! That just goes to show that much of my eating is habitual and not actual hunger. This realization has given me much motivation for the afternoon, which is usually my weakest hours.

Now, about me:

My name is Lisa, I'm 21 years old, I'm a college student at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I live in Dover, TN with my fiance, we're about to buy our first house!! We mountain bike and road bike all the time, so exercise won't be a problem. We recently completed at 100km (~62 miles) race in under 3 1/2 hours, which is my greatest accomplishment to date. I'm not overweight, but I am on the uphill crawl, and I've always had problems with my diet. My mom is overweight, so when I lived with her, the whole family was always on and off a diet, so my weight constantly went up and down with every one of mom's whims. One time I actually had to hide peanut butter in my car just so I'd have some to eat! Now I'm on my own (have been for 3 years) and can't seem to gain control of my eating habits. I eat what I want, when I want (probably out of rebellion) whether I'm hungry or not (I'm usually not), and it's starting to show. I've tried other things with some success, but I just refuse to make food a chore, which is what drew me to this diet. We'll see how it goes! So far, so good. :P

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:44 am

Welcome and good luck Lisa!!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:51 am

Hi Lisa,

Welcome! I'm new here too, only started No S about 2 weeks ago.

I'm in a similar situation to you, not overweight, but found my weight creeping up. So far I've found No S perfect for getting out of my bad habits (overeating, snacking when not hungry etc.).

Best of luck to you!

Bonnie :)