Incredibly Hard/ Incredibly Easy

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Betty

Incredibly Hard/ Incredibly Easy

Post by Betty » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:36 am

Hi Everyone,

I started No S over the summer but got lost when summer vacation was over. Reading the recent post about how we have a limited budget for self control really hit home. I have a pretty stressful life, one in which I have to constantly fight against my natural impulses (having to be socially "on" when I am actually pretty shy and a bit of a loner, having to be oragnised when in fact I prefer things to be a bit disordered) Anyway, small wonder that it's so much easier to do No S while on vacation.

However, the pounds are creeping up again, and it's time to really build that habit, so I'm back.

After my third sucessful day, I have a few observations. First of all, it is extremely easy to go 6-7 hour without eating. I get a little bit hungry. But it's ok.

Second observation: I think about eating all the time. I didn't realize that I was THIS much of a comfort eater. I mean, I used to think that I ate for comfort when I was angry or stressed or bored (which I do), but I didn't realize that my 10 oçlock snack was comfort eating. And watching myself from the outside I now see that I'm not hungry at 10. I just am seeking comfort, a soft spot in my daily routine.

So the question is, what to do about this? Have any of you long time, sucessful No-Sers been comfort eaters and gotten past it? How did you do it? Because if I am honest with myself, I can see that when the going gets tough I will really, really have to fight hard not to start snacking again. It will be so hard.

Any tips? Any advice?

Thanks,
Betty