sorry, correction: should i make next tuesday my s-day?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

silver

sorry, correction: should i make next tuesday my s-day?

Post by silver » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:41 pm

next tuesday it'll be 365th day without a cigarette for me. that's a whole year! i think it should be a special day for me. one year of freedom. i was considering making it an s-day, but quite frankly i think too many s-days could help me loose a bit of discipline. i don't know how big that bit would be, so i'm worried. you see, there is a national holiday in my country first of november (thursday this year) than there is a weekend. that there is this tuesday 5. november. next holiday is 17. november. i think i'll have chance (we all will) for something similar at x-mas following right after the weekend this year. and in my country we have 16 days of national holiday every year anyway. plus birthday. plus something we call a nameday. see, every day there is some name in the calendar. when yours comes up, it's your nameday. it's like a little birthday. altogether it comes up to 18 days! yes som of them fall on weekends, but still...

so in this circumstances, should quitting smoking be so special? would YOU make it an s-day? where is the line for you?

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:43 pm

Good grief, YES!! Make it an S-Day. That's the beauty of the program -- you get to decide!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:37 pm

Other options...

1) Find non-food ways to make it special. Go get a massage, plan time with friends or an activity you don't normally get to do, go shopping... whatever is an indulgence to you.

2) Indulge in what I've started calling "N-day treats" - foods that totally fit the N perspective, but are still "special." The extra-good steak that you don't normally buy, home-made bread, favorite expensive fruit (raspberries!), that kind of thing.

(And CONGRATS on a major positive life change!!)

silver

Post by silver » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:00 pm

i quite liked the idea of some other way to make it special. other than food. however, when i started to think about it, i found out i couldn't think of anything. (un)fortunatelly, i'm a very happy person who hates shopping, and i have everything i need. not that i'm so rich, it's just that i don't really want much. the only thing that i want and don't have would have to be my own flat, but i couldn't go buy that, clearly:) as i said, though. i liked the idea and if i manage another year, i'll definitelly do something like that. like buy something nice, or go somewhere even nicer. for this year i just had some ice-cream which made it an s-day for me....and made me happy. and s-day it should be also in the future.