HabitCal -feature request

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Dorothy

HabitCal -feature request

Post by Dorothy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:30 pm

I really like this tool! I've thought of many "improvements" -- each of which would make it more complicated and probably less useful. (Like a way to capture a numeric for some trackers... how many times you did x, or how many minutes of exercise, or whatever)

But one feature which really would be nice -- and I think I saw this somewhere from another user - the ability to simply click through the four options while cursor is on a calendar square. So at the top, the selection is green. I click on the date, and realize that green is not correct - instead of navigating to the top and changing, I simply click again (yellow) and again (red) and again (blank) and again (green)... until I get where I want to be. This would be a lovely improvement.... and unlike my other brilliant ideas, would not make the HabitCal more complicated!

thanks for a really useful site - and this really useful tool!

Dorothy

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi Dorothy,

I'm glad you like the habitcal, and thanks for making this well thought out request.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would work well. For one thing, chances are it would result in a lot more clicking (there are currently 4 states: green,yellow, red, white; so that means the last state will take four clicks to get too, imagine how much clicking that will become if you have a bunch of these to set). For another thing, the radio buttons are self documenting -- you don't have to read any instructions, it's very obvious what they do. Lastly, the radio buttons scale to additional and multiple simultaneous states, multiclick does not. For example, I want to add at least one additional state: "freetext note." With multi click, it would take 5 clicks to get to that, and you'd be forced to choose between adding a note and toggling a success state (instead of using the note to provide additional information about a success state).

Reinhard