First day tomorrow

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

eizzo

First day tomorrow

Post by eizzo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:57 pm

Okay, I have read a number of the posts, and I am feeling like I have found home. I also read Womans World and ironically was scheduled to join WW this week. I am going to give this a try instead. :D I think I can do this, my only problem will be the snacking...I am one of those night time feeders, how can I get around this? Also I have read conflicting reports on the rate of weight lose, what should I expect to lose weekly if i need to lose about 40 pounds. I am feeling very positive about this whole new way of life.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:05 pm

Welcome!

I'm sorry to say, the way I had to get around snacking was to be tough with myself and just get through the first week. It does get easier the longer you noS.

BUT, it's nice to know that the stuff that I liked to snack on, like crackersI could have at lunch, so it wasn't like I was missing out on it all that much.

I will tell you it was not easy the first week sticking to my meals, and I did (still do!) fall off now and again, but you'll see this is very sane, very doable and quite sustainable.

Look forward to hearing more from you!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

pechzancrm

Post by pechzancrm » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:51 am

Eizzo......

Tomorrow will be my 1st day tooooo.... Snacking will be one of the hardest things for me also. I work at an office and sit for 8 hrs and snack constantly on good and bad foods. Sounds like tomorrow will be a huge test of WILL POWER for the both of us. I have sorta planned out my breakfast and lunch to include enough food (without going overboard) to hopefully make me not feel the need to snack.

I too have about 40 lbs to loose to meet my 1st goal and then another 10 to reach my "wish weight."

I hope to post to my "pechzancrm check-in" how the 1st day went and hopefully be able to say I made it and have 1 day of the 1st 21 noSing days under my belt.

Reinhard has came up with a wonderful program Anyone with a little will power and a lot of determination can follow. He should be commended daily for his wisdom and the support it appears he gives everyone.
Live, Laugh, Love

homeostacis

Post by homeostacis » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:59 am

I'm terrified about snacking too. I'm fourteen, and a freshmen in Highschool, and I am soooo lucky I went Passover Shopping with my parents today, because I'm gotten out of it for the past few years, but I was intriguied when I caught site of Woman's World. What's great about the diet is that I literally only read the first fourteen words because my mom caught me and weny all bezerk about the cons of diets. My brother has a Bar Mitzvah in June - he's no size zero either, so I'm going to try and get him to walk a mile around the track with me four times a week. Is that enough, or I should I leave him home and make time alone for the other three days? Plus, I work at a Child Care center three days a week, and I've grown accostumed to eating their pretzels and cookies...ugh! I hope they don't deliver any this week.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:35 am

homeostacis

welcome!

it is great that you are being exposed to this concept at such a young age with your life ahead of you.

Since you are in highschool ...
do you have any "discipline" with your three meals?

Really focussing on getting those three one plate meals and making them as pleasurable, tasteful, healthy and realistic is I think the key for successful N days.

Because if you have those three meals taken care of it is much easier to JUST SAY NO THANK YOU to snacks. A little or even lot of hunger between meals is not going to harm us if we are going to be eating something good and good for us in the next few hours.

I don't know how your family does meals ... whether you take a lunch from home or get one at school or go off campus, whether you are responsible for preparing your own breakfast and or dinner, but however your family does it I would figure out a way to make it work with three plates a day!

Good Luck and welcome. It is wonderful to have you here.

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Nossuzy

JUST STARTING TOO

Post by Nossuzy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:56 am

I am so happy that I bought that Woman's World. I am so excited to start this!!!!!! I am a firm believer in the cheat day with dieting and this sounds too simple to be true!!!! Thank you thank you. I also know from trying a different diet and falling off every week that i need something sustainable and that I can do for the rest of my life and this fits the bill! Deprivation sucks :x

I printed out all the info from the website and actually laughed out loud a couple of times while reading it...... Definitely the best "diet book" I have read!!

Thanks Reinhard.......
"Whew, glad I knew about beets. They would have killed me for sure."