Peeking out from Lurkdom

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

carla70

Peeking out from Lurkdom

Post by carla70 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:28 am

I have been lurking on this site for a long time now. I have bought the book and prior to that read this site quite a bit and read posts.

I have been following No S for a bit but have had more red F days than green days. So I am thinking if I step "out there" and let myself be known I will be more green and yellow and no red days.

I have been struggling with my weight all my life, my highest was 11 years ago at 297 and in the course of the 11 years..yes 11 years I have gone down to 169 and in the last year crept up to as of this morning 189. Which was up 5 pounds from friday.. :cry: I have tried everything, and taking a pill or something seems to be an easy answer but as a former phen phener I know that when it comes off fast it comes back on even faster and brings friends with it.

I would love to see 150-160 on the scale but more so I would like to see myself wearing a size 10-12. I was down to a 12 and liked that and felt good but now back to a 14 and it's not a roomy 14.

I feel I need to get myself some accountability.

Looking forward to being a part of the No'sers and not a lurker ...

Carla

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:35 am

Welcome Carla.
Look forward to reading your posts.
Lilly

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:19 am

Welcome, Carla. I just posted after lurking, too! Great job on losing all that weight! You give me great encouragement! I would love to be a size 12, too, but would also be thrilled to be a 14! LOL! Guess it is all in the perspective! But right now, I'm focusing more on eating right, and beginning to move. Hopefully in time the changes I am making will show in the size of my clothing.

Oh how I yearn to be a member of the "My pants fell down" club!!

We are both posting to increase our accountability. Hopefully we can encourage each other as well! :)