Bemused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cvmom

Bemused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by cvmom » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:39 am

Today my mother came over for a short visit. She and my stepdad were having a nice chat with DH and I. Out of the blue she says, "Oh, I'm going to bake a cake today since its an S Day".

What? :?:
Huh? :?:

I have been telling her about NoS for as long as I've been doing it, going on three years! But, she picked up the WW article last week and since that time she has lost 4 pounds.

Funny huh?

Just had to share my complete bemusement.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:47 am

LOL! THat is hilarious!

But honestly, I did the same thing to my hubby. He never gave me much diet advice, but occasionally when we would discuss it, he would suggest I quit snacking, especially after just finishing a meal! What an idea! And for years, dh's way of losing weight has been to cut out having seconds on meals! So after 15 years of marriage, me gaining weight, and him staying pretty close to his ideal weight...I read No S on the internet, and it changes my life! ROFL! Guess I should have listened years ago!

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:21 pm

There is something to be said for Common Sense!

Thank Goodness we have Reinhard, our modern day Thomas Paine! :D

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:59 am

Oh my gosh, you all are soooo right! I'm almost afraid to tell my mom I'm doing this because she'll say "Well, that's what I've been telling you to do!" Of course, she has every right to say that :lol:

The more of the book I read, the more I remember how it was when I was growing up and we all only ate 3 times a day. I never had an after-school snack. We never had dessert, except for special occasions. We always had fresh fruit available. I never gave much of a thought to food until I was 11 and a saleswoman told my mother (we were shopping for a dress for me) that the dresses she had wouldn't fit me because I needed a "chubbette" size. :oops: My mother never knew I heard that woman tell her that, but it sure stuck with me for the remainder of my life! When I told my mom that story about a month ago, she said that comment made her angry because I wasn't that chubby. To this day, and I'm a Nana now myself, I can still hear that woman's voice and it cut me to the quick. At the age of 12 I had a growth spurt and lost all of what my mom called my "baby fat", but inside my own head I was always fat...big and fat. BTW, I lost that "baby fat" by following exactly what today is the No S Diet and I thank God for Reinhard and his decision to write all this great information down for us. And for reminding me that this is the way to better health.

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:52 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness