Newbie question about sweets

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jaymiz

Newbie question about sweets

Post by Jaymiz » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:59 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before...

I am wondering, if it says "no sweets", then isn't having them as part of a lunch wrong?

For example, a lot of times I'll add 5 chocolate Easter eggs (or hershey's kisses), or a piece of cake, or whatever to the end of my lunch... a way to get in my "sweets" while still basically "hungry".

But, considering this plan says "no sweets", are those now out?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm starting tomorrow, so I just want to be clear on how it's all done.

Thanks!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Yep, those are out except for "S" days. I often eat fruit at the end of the meal. It's not the same, but it's sweet.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Lilly

Post by Lilly » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:20 pm

Jay,
Have you read Reinhard's book?
All the answers are in it.
M-F(no desserts). EVERYTHING else that can fit on a plate(single layer, not buffet pyramid style :wink:) is fine.
Sat-Sun you can eat whatever you want whenever you want.
For me I stick to the 3 plates and add a dessert if I want one. I keep to the 3 plates as I have no desire to encourage bingeing or eating all day or eating copious amounts of desserts. Mon-Sun. I eat anything I want except for desserts M-F so for me there is not deprivation so S days are only about eating desserts if I want them.
Today I have my eye on the blueberry rum bread pudding I saw at the place I pick up my meals. It wouldn't surprise me come S days if I no longer want it. We'll see. :wink:
I am just so satisfied with the contents of each plate. That's my hint, make your plates satisfy you.

Jaymiz

Thank you!

Post by Jaymiz » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks, wosnes and Lilly! :)

I've not read the book yet, no. I only learned of this diet yesterday. I did read through Reinhard's website, though. It has me intrigued. But, I asked this question because I just wanted to be absolutely clear on the "how-to". I'd like to give this thing a whirl.

My big problems are snacking & sweets, so this almost seems like it may be the "solution" I've been seeking.

I've lost weight, before, by cutting out snacking... it's the cutting out sweets during the week bit that has me worried. LOL.

I'll try it, though! And, I'm thinking on purchasing the book. It'll be a while before I can, though, so I've asked my local library if they'll order a copy. :)

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Lilly, I feel that you might have things slightly wrong in your post.

The plan is M-F NO SWEETS! NO SNACKS AND NO SECONDS! As Reinhard puts it in his book....if it is usually looked at as being a 'sweet' or a 'dessert' then you don't eat it on weekdays. Even if it would have fit on your one level single plate meal.

If it is an S day then you certainly can eat sweets and/or snacks and/or seconds.

But eventually the good habits of the M-F will trickle over to the S days and you will eat closer to what/how you eat on the M-F.

Simple and sustainable. :D
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!