End of My First S Day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jessies Daughter

End of My First S Day

Post by Jessies Daughter » Sun May 11, 2008 5:17 am

Well… I’ve come to the end of my first no S Day. Let’s see, yogurt for breakfast around 8:30 a.m. I had half of that kosher pickle I’ve been waiting for around 10:30 a.m. At 3:00p.m. I had ½, (5 inch) Italian sub, (ham, salami, cappicola, provolone cheese with mayo, oil and vinegar and banana peppers) a hand full of chips and …a Glass of Pepsi. Dinner was LATE, 9:30. A grilled chop with carrots and ½ baked sweet potato. :D

MILESTONES:
11:30 a.m.: Turned down an invitation to share an absolutely delicious looking BLT. I actually WAS NOT HUNGREY AND CHOSE NOT TO GRAZE
12:00 a.m.: There is a perfectly wonderful half of a kosher pickle in my refrigerator. This baby came out of a pickle jar on the counter of a wonderful little deli. I am NOT hungry. And I WILL not go and get that pickle just because it is an S Day. :P

What’s with this No S thing? For 5 days last week I faithfully followed the N day rules (except for Monday when I found myself mindlessly noshing a stray tangerine) I did notice that by Thursday I had really begun to FEEL whether I was really hungry before I ate and I that I chose not to eat unless I was hungry. I did remove all snacks from my lunch sack and my desk and I have started to drink a lot of green tea during the day. I had a particularly hectic work week so there was not much downtime to think about snacking. :)

Could three plates a day, no snacks, no seconds, no sweets be so powerful that in five days my body recognizes and welcomes the changes that come with following this routine? It is almost like my body is reprogramming itself to do what it is supposed to do as long as I don’t get in the way by grazing! :shock:

My usual routine was no breakfast, mindless grazing all morning… apples, nuts yogurt, cheese. Lunch around 1:30 p.m. mindless grazing, grapes, apples, fruit cups, chips until it was time to go home. Dinner around 8:30 p.m. mindless grazing, cheese, apples, ice cream, fruit until bedtime.

I may just need to stop trying to figure out the what and the why of No S and just mindlessly follow the No S routine instead of mindlessly grazing!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 11, 2008 5:36 am

Could three plates a day, no snacks, no seconds, no sweets be so powerful that in five days my body recognizes and welcomes the changes that come with following this routine? It is almost like my body is reprogramming itself to do what it is supposed to do as long as I don’t get in the way by grazing!

Jessies Daughter

I don't know why it "works" either, but this No S is pretty powerful stuff!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sun May 11, 2008 5:08 pm

Nice job, Jessie's Daughter! It is very amazing to see how our bodies react when we start treating them right, isn't it?

I took all the snacks out of my desk at work when I started No S, too. (Well, actually, I started with a bag of sugar free Dove chocolates, and would eat one every day or so, thinking they were fine. :oops: Then I realized that they were still following the habit of eating between meals, and that they only made me want more, so I did not replace them when they were gone!)

In the last two weeks, I brought really delicious crackers as part of my lunch, and did not finish them, so they stayed in my desk. I now have "snacks" in my desk again, but they do not tempt me between meals. But if I need a little extra crunch in my lunch, I have some yummy crackers and leftover pretzels! It is so freeing to be able to have food around, and not have the loss of control from my old habit of permasnacking!

Keep sticking with your new habits, JD....the changes you will experience are worth it!
:D

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 12, 2008 9:10 pm

I was selling World's Finest Chocolates for the niece of an employee, now, and the name suits the candy perfectly!! There were 2 left and she needed to pick up the money and any left over candy to turn in to school, well against what I thought at the moment was better judgement, I bought the last 2. Now before the No S Diet I would have eaten one one day and the other the next day, well I ate one on a Saturday and split the second one this past Saturday with my employee. Man have I begun to change or what!! Thank You Reinhart for this program. God BLess you.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous