Real good, then

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

eljay

Real good, then

Post by eljay » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:48 pm

I have 5 red days on my April Habitcal --- and 5 GREEN days in May. :roll: Today was a red (Mondays are a day off for me, and have been dreadful, all but one), purely due to lunch-on-the-road panic.

Glad that other people have shared their experience with multiple false starts, or that they just tottered around a lot at first. Soldiering on...

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:55 pm

I salute you, eljay,
It takes a lot more courage to keep trying when things get challenging than when things are easy. Keep soldiering on. :) I try to remember to get up one more time than I fall. That's my definition of success.

eljay

Post by eljay » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:34 am

Thanks for the encouragement, Sheiler, it is appreciated!

I might be poking fun because it seems like my habitcal is going backwards, but no s is the first diet that makes the keep on keepin' on even possible for me. I don't try most of them because I can't make it a day.

It's all a mental thing, but I'm pretty mental at this point in my life.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:15 pm

eljay wrote:
It's all a mental thing, but I'm pretty mental at this point in my life.
Yup, "it's all a mental thing." I've known this for a while, but just did not know how to change it. That's where the habit-forming of this way works so well.

When I say I've know this for a while before that I used to think it was physical. I was a member of OA and that's the belief there. We have no control over it. That is step one. Talk about debilitating! I tried and tried and tried and couldn't get it. I had a sponsor once that said, "You know, Jill, it's all in your thinking." Boy, was she right! It's not about the food at all. I am realizing more and more that it's about habit!

This will work! Hang in there!
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen