summer vacation: SSSSSliding...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Betty

summer vacation: SSSSSliding...

Post by Betty » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:31 am

Im a teacher, so I have 6 weeks of vacation stretching in front of me. I also have been Sed-out with a slew of birthdays and social occastions in the past two weeks.

Now, its Monday. Time to N. But its so, so hard to get back on track. There's this little voice in my head saying: c'mon, a little slice of that cake won't kill you. You might as well polish off the leftover chips. Have a sandwitch.

Grrr.

Betty.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Good Morning! Yeah it would be nice to take that little voice in our heads and shut them up once and for all!! Just take things one meal at a time, and keep telling yourself that you can have you cake and eat it too, just not until an S day. God BLess you.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi Betty,

When even you hear that little voice about the "just this once..." remind yourself (out loud if necessary) that nothing is ever just this once. Everything sets (or unsets) a pattern. Every "just this one" slice of cake makes it that much harder to resist the next one. So in making this single decision you're influencing hundreds or thousands of future decisions.

Get a calendar and mark off successful/exempt/failed days in green/yellow/red (or use the habitcal). That way you have a very immediate visual incentive to keep you from those little temptations. As a teacher, I'm sure you understand the psychological power of such incentives.

Reinhard

jaob

Post by jaob » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:53 pm

Betty, I am a teacher too. This is my last week of school and you know what that means...endless parties (no not the kind I can legimately S!). And I tend to treat summer as an eat, drink and be merry time! I am just starting No S and am a bit worried about my summer. Maybe we could check in with each other!

I try to remember that I am blessed to have a job that gives me a summer and it's not there to abuse my body.

Best to you!!
My times are in Your hands. Psa 31:15

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:00 am

There's this little voice in my head saying: c'mon, a little slice of that cake won't kill you. You might as well polish off the leftover chips. Have a sandwitch.
Betty,

isn't that voice the "little bad habit"? :D

You will ENJOY your summer SO MUCH more if you stick with NO S. Whenever I have had a space of time before me and literally consumed it with my own personal REALLY BAD eating HABITS, I have always regrettted it.

Don't do that to yourself or your summer!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:59 pm

I find NoS@home to be very different from NoS@work. In fact, there was a thread a while back where I asked for help figuring it out - some good tips on it.

For me, planning nice meals and remembering to drink enough really helped.

Good luck!

Betty

Post by Betty » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:05 pm

Thanks for the replies. I've managed to get back on track. Funny how Special days (three family birthdays in two weeks) are actually a bit of annoyance. There I was, chugging away at no-s, and I could just feel the seedling habits getting washed away.

Jaob, let's keep in touch. I feel like I've actually gained since starting vacation because I've lost my hour of biking to and from school. I'm going to actually have to plan exercise now. Ugh. So having someone to "talk" to over the vacation would be great.

Betty