How will I do?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

pepper

How will I do?

Post by pepper » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:50 am

I read about 2 weeks ago that snacking was positive, now after reading this book I learned that I was taking in more calories than I needed!No wonder I moved up 4lbs. I ate Yogurt and those nature valley granola bars twice a day.
I just wanted to ask how I'll do out of curiosity. I'm 6'1" and weigh ~190lbs. I work out everyday(or mostly) for ~45min.--My BMI is about 24.4--* I consider myself in decent shape, not slim however. I have unwanted abdominal fat that I would love to get rid of. If not for that, I'd already have a 4pack.
So I'm a decently healthy 18year-old boy trying to lose about 15lbs. I started the No S diet yesterday and have stopped snacking. Sweets was never much of a problem for me. Does anyone know if I'll be able to lose that in 1 month?I'd really hope so. I always alternate my exercises as to confuse my body which i hope helps. Comments please?

Edit: *
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning...

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:59 am

You are me ten years ago, but with more exercise. What are you doing in that 45 minutes, and how often are you changing your routine? It's very difficult to say how fast you'll lose those pounds, but they will go. Cutting the snacks will make a huge difference, but I'd say even with a good diet and the right exercise you're still looking at a minimum of six to eight weeks.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

pepper

Post by pepper » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:34 pm

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn30 ... rd01-1.jpg
That link will show you a screenshot of my excel file that contains my 3-week rotation. I just realized that I still have to change a few things, primarily the first 2 weeks since it repeats a lot. I added new exercises to the 3rd week and musta forgot the first 2.
That is it really, I'm in the process of finding new little things like variations of crunches and such to add/replace in order to change it up everyday and make it seem random.

pepper

Post by pepper » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Does anyone have any more comments?I'd welcome any feedback.

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Biggest advice is not to be too impatient. :)

Fifteen pounds is an awful lot to lose in a month - most nutritionists recommend 1-2 lbs per week for sustainable loss.

And No-S isn't a "fast" weight-loss regime. That's actually one of its charms - it's sustainable, which fast diets aren't.

rose

Post by rose » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:42 am

What KCCC said. On the other hand you're young, male, and exercising. A lot of the board members these days are not so young and female. So... the way NoS works for us might be different from the way it will work for you. Have you read the NoS diet front page? Reinhard's experience as a male No S dieter is interesting.
Anyway, NoS is a great habit to take this early in your life. I envy you. I envy you future or current significant other. No beer belly later on for you ;)
Started NoS Jan 07 at 74.5kg (164 lbs, BMI 26.7)
Stable since Jan 08 at 64kg (141 lbs, BMI 23)
My progress chart

ThomsonsPier

Post by ThomsonsPier » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:18 pm

With that level of work, you'll drop the weight. I can't say how long it will take because it's not a strictly calories in / calories burned relationship.

My view on the 3-week rotation is that it's unnecessary for your training goals. You can stick to one balanced program and achieve results, but if it helps for motivation then it's probably not doing any harm. Most folk I talk to change their routine every six weeks or so, some never change at all and all of these people are progressing quite happily.

I would suggest splitting your resistance work and cardio between different days purely for quality of exercise; your muscles will gain recovery time and your cardio will be of higher quality because you're not trying to do it with a body already exhausted from resistance work. Don't overtrain, and have patience.
ThomsonsPier

It's a trick. Get an axe.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:00 pm

15 pounds in a month is a lot. I wouldn't expect to lose that much that fast -- I'm not even sure if it would be healthy...

Still, with all that exercise, I think you'll be happy with how fast you make progress on no-s. Worst case, it'll take a couple months more. But it'll last.

Reinhard

P.S. Have you seen shovelglove? Might be fun to add to the mix...

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:05 pm

But it'll last.
Pretty key point,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey