I'm back at it again!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fatfarmlady

I'm back at it again!

Post by fatfarmlady » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:12 pm

Hi, everyone, I have been getting in my exercise lately. sweating up a storm trying to control the thistles in the pasture. I put in about 3 hours a day until it gets too hot. i am also a new gramma! :D I don't want to be the "fat" nana anymore. I have been doing fairly well on the No S diet lately. I need to lift weights again so i can have the strength to hold that new grandbaby! :) I have good days and then there are days when i slip up. Had such a bad June that i had to go and see my Dr. He said too much stress with my dad and all. Prescribed something to get me out of my funk. i think it's working! :o I wish all of you out there the best with this lifestyle plan. It is getting easier to figure out how much of a serving i can have to keep me content and not famished by the next meal.

Hard to cook when it gets hot out or when I am feeling depressed. this weekend is our church dinner. I have all kinds of baking to do. just got to resist it. It's good that it is leaving my house and not staying around.

thanks for your words of encouragement and if I can return the favor I will. We're in this together!

until next time,
FFL
Do your best and God will take care of the rest!

chentegt

Post by chentegt » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:34 pm

Welcome back!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:28 am

fff

good to hear from you,

CONGRATULATIONS on your new LITTLE ONE!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:07 am

Congrats on the baby! And w00t w00t on exercise! Would you come chop down some of our giant thistles?!? I swear they are big enough to decorate as Christmas trees! LOL!

I DISLIKE "exercise", so have been working and digging in my yard, and pushing my vacuum around furiously in an effort to add some useful activity to my life.

Good luck with the church dinner. It will be much nicer to No S the dinner, rather than if you were on another diet and trying to add everything up! Go ahead and enjoy some really good food, and have some S'es sometimes, too!

la_loser

S days -- woo hoo!

Post by la_loser » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:24 pm

S DAYS: Seems to me that the "good news" here is that you are in lucky that the big church dinner is this WEEKEND. . . ah, an "S" day. So you can have SOME special extras, especially if you follow Reinhard's advice about that (the "don't be an idiot" part!)

And if there happens to be extra to be taken home, you can give away any of the sweets so they won't be sitting around the house starting Monday.

ANTI-EXERCISE! By the way--I'm one of those people whose description of exercise should be "the only place she runs is AWAY from exercise!" I have found a wonderful solution that works for me--for the first time ever and it seems like FUN! I go to a 45 minute "water waves" or water aerobics class M-F. During the summer it's held at the local pool near my house; a lot of us (mostly) fat ladies who go attend during lunch hour so work doesn't interfere. A good way to catch a few rays (protected of course), and get that body moving--and feel like you're playing! If you have joint pain or other body issues, it's perfect because it puts no stress on you. Right now I'm nursing a couple of stress fractures in my foot, so I use a foam noodle to keep me afloat while adapting the exercises. I hope to continue this at the natatorium once the outdoor pool closes.

Have fun and good luck!

LA LOSER