Don't be an idiot!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MissyMoo

Don't be an idiot!

Post by MissyMoo » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:52 pm

I can't vouch for the validity of this article, but if the cited studies' conclusions are true, it certainly underscores the importance of "not being an idiot" on S days.

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/artic ... &GT1=31036

(Hope the link works!)

la_loser

SOMETIMES. . .

Post by la_loser » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:17 pm

This of course goes right back to the reason the official wording of the plan includes that word "sometimes!"--even if it didn't make it to the book cover!

Except (sometimes) on days that start with "S"

Re-reading this old thread refreshes the explanation of that and how not being an idiot is so important:
http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=759

That's why I started a Habitcal reserved just for S days to keep myself thoughtful of not being an idiot!

It's called Not_an_Idiot_S_Day I give myself a Green even on an S day just to keep track if I've avoided being an idiot!

Also added a habitcal called GREEN_Equals_two_r_Less_S_Slips I even mark regular S days green then too

As I noted in a previous post, I still keep my "real" Strictly S day Habitcal called Strictly_Speaking_No_S but I'm doing the extra Habitcals to give myself permission to go crazy--it's just a way to track where my issues are if I do blow it.

When I remember that prior to No S--I was not only having S's on every day--but I was often "an idiot" every day!

Now -- to plan my S day so I won't be an idiot TODAY!

LA LOSER -- soon to be winner!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:43 pm

article supports the "natural" structure of NO S, huh, that we expect to be more "lax" about our eating on weekends.

Stay tuned, but I am hoping over time as the psychological residue of years of binging/restricting/dieting is left behind that my inclination to overeat on weekends will lessen.

Since I am already finding this to be true, I am very happy and have to think that when Reinhard says that resentment feeds our overeating/binging there is something to that.

The more I stay on NO S the more uncomfortable I find overeating period. I think this is why the N days are so important. You do actually train yourself to eat smaller amounts/not stuff yourself.

This does seem to carry over to weekends. I also suspect there will always occasionally be times I overeat on weekends .Occasionly meaning 2-4 times a year, not every weekend :D

I am constantly amazed with how my relationship with food/eating transforms as I stick with No S. It is kind of exciting.

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey