A good time to try out part of the system...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

phosphorus

A good time to try out part of the system...

Post by phosphorus » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:26 pm

I have been reading the boards for a couple of weeks and asking questions, thinking about moving to NoS for a maintenance plan after losing most of the weight I needed to lose via intensive calorie counting.

Starting tomorrow I will be spending a week away from home (without internet access!) in a venue where 3 meals a day at fixed times are provided. Very, very tasty meals. The week starts on a Saturday and ends on a Saturday and there are no S-days in between.

I decided that this is a perfect time to try out NoS. Since I do have some hypoglycemic issues, am breastfeeding a toddler who nurses unpredictably, and will be physically pretty active for the week, I will declare an official midafternoon mini-meal, but I will try to stick to liquids for other snacks. I won't have my scale for a week, either! I will check in and let you know how it went.

Thanks for all the great info that is here.

maslowjenkins

Post by maslowjenkins » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:58 pm

sounds like the perfect time to start! welcome!

I started No S while breastfeeding 4 years ago. I would occasionally allow myself a small snack, like a string cheese, in the afternoon, because, well, sometimes you just NEED it when you are breastfeeding! Simply cutting out the obvious snack foods and sweets was all I needed to do to be successful--the little healthy snack didn't interfere.

anyway, have a great trip!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Hope it goes well! Looking forward to hearing about the results of your experiment.

Reinhard