Question about pizza

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

daahling

Question about pizza

Post by daahling » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:49 pm

OK dilemma... after a successful N Day so far, we're going for pizza tonight.. The idiot in me is saying "But it's ONE plate!!" .. does that mean I'll have to mark it as a Failure if say I eat the whole thing? (Am famished by the way; so far today I've only had a tiny bowl of cereal for breakfast and lunch was light years away and it was only some leftover salad from yesterday... hmmm what to do...
Current weight: 136 lbs
Target weight: 117 lbs
Height: 5 ft 1
Total lost to date: 2 lbs

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:12 pm

If it's a "personal" pizza, eat it and enjoy.

If it's a big one, then a slice or two makes a reasonable plate. (And a salad with it helps a lot.)

Either way, eat slowly and ENJOY.

:)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:53 pm

A pizza box is not a plate, if that's your question :-)

If it's one of those plate sized personal pizzas, well, fine.

The tricky thing in general about pizza is that it's very "horizontal." It takes up a lot of plate space.

On the other hand, it's about as caloric a food as there is, so maybe that isn't a bad thing :-)

When I eat pizza, I bite the shame bullet and stack if I'm hungry (though if I have ample sides of veg, I find I can usually do without). Better I and (everyone around me) sees what a great pile of food I'm eating than that I discreetly sneak it in seconds and thirds and fourths. It doesn't look good, but I wind up eating much less than I used to. Two standard pizzaria slices is actually a lot of food -- and it looks it when you force it on one plate. More than that looks obscene.

Reinhard

vcanfield

Re: Question about pizza

Post by vcanfield » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:19 pm

daahling wrote:OK dilemma... after a successful N Day so far, we're going for pizza tonight.. The idiot in me is saying "But it's ONE plate!!" .. does that mean I'll have to mark it as a Failure if say I eat the whole thing? (Am famished by the way; so far today I've only had a tiny bowl of cereal for breakfast and lunch was light years away and it was only some leftover salad from yesterday... hmmm what to do...
Well, I hope you solved your pizza problem. I would have a couple of pieces (3 if I'm famished) and a large salad, but that is just me. What I would like to say is I'm going to be following how well you are doing because you are an inch taller then me and about 5 pounds higher then my starting weight with a goal weight about 5 pounds higher then my goal weight. And it looks you started about the time I did- just a couple of weeks ago. So, I am happy to find another shorty to blaze a new trail with.
Veronica

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:40 am

Don't you put your pizza on a plate?

daahling

Post by daahling » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:26 am

Thanks for the posts! Last night went just fine :)

Thanks Reinhard for answering my biggest question, i.e. a pizza box is not a plate LOL

I ended up having about 3 slices but I may have to mark a failure for sneaking a portion of french fries :(

Today however is an S day and I am determined not to go crazy to make up for it. Yesterday my partner bought me a pack of my favourite chocolate cookies bless him.. grr... so I may allow myself one with coffee after dinner. Meanwhile it's looking like it's gonna be one busy Saturday. We're going out shopping this morning and then staying out for lunch at a seaside restaurant.. but again I'll just order one course and no dessert.

Hey Veronica it's great that we're more or less in the same boat .. I'm going to have to sort myself out for some really good weighing scales though because mine just keep giving me a different reading every time give or take a pound! Last night my fat-day jeans still felt a bit on the tight side, which makes my goal of getting into my skinny jeans again quite remote. But am determined to get there!
Current weight: 136 lbs
Target weight: 117 lbs
Height: 5 ft 1
Total lost to date: 2 lbs

vcanfield

Post by vcanfield » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:40 pm

Hey Veronica it's great that we're more or less in the same boat .. I'm going to have to sort myself out for some really good weighing scales though because mine just keep giving me a different reading every time give or take a pound! Last night my fat-day jeans still felt a bit on the tight side, which makes my goal of getting into my skinny jeans again quite remote. But am determined to get there![/quote]

I know what you mean about the scale. I have a digital and regular analog scale. I have had the analog for something like 15 years and it is pretty accurate. I check it for pounds- the same time of day, the same spot on the floor. I am almost obsessive about how to check my weight. And then I use the digital to check on ounces. My weight can go up or down by a pound or so on the digital so I have to step on it a few times to get a reading that comes up over and over. Between the two I get a pretty good idea. The analog is never wrong and my weight does not ping-pong around by 5-6 pounds one day to the next. I'm sure you know what I mean.
Veronica

DeannaV

pizza

Post by DeannaV » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:41 am

I had pizza last night for dinner and just imagined how many slices I could stack on a plate. But I'm ashamed to say that it was at least six pieces. I felt I that should be able to stack them as two layers because it was vegetarian with very thin crust. I probably went overboard but it was the first time I've had pizza in the week and a half since I started.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:40 am

"A pizza box is not a plate."

I like that, and I'm going to add it to the list of No-S Catch Phrases.
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")