No Retroactive S Days

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoelFigart

No Retroactive S Days

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:14 pm

I had been considering whether or not to take a party as an S event tonight and was whipping up some preacher cookies for it. (They're called Preacher Cookies because they are very fast to make -- say 15-20 minutes, tops. You can whip 'em up when you see the preacher riding his horse up the hill).

Not having yet decided, I ate what was left in the pan that wasn't enough to make a cookie.

I'm calling it a failure because I didn't declare it an NWS day. Oh sure, I could have. I don't have many parties this season.

But, in being strict with myself, I'm going to say that if I didn't declare it in advance, it's a failure.

Darn it.
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

KAxelrod

Post by KAxelrod » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:19 am

And, Noel...even though you just declared it a failure, what you did is an inspiration. I've struggled with the same thing a few times, and what you did is what I should do the next time I find myself in that situation.

So..mark it a failure. But know that it was an inspirational failure.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:33 am

Well, thank you.

Believe it or not, that just decided me on not being all "Down the hatch" about it and eating a bunch of cookies this evening. So, an instructive, contained failure!
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

KAxelrod

Post by KAxelrod » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:43 am

You are psychic, Noel. At the end of my last post, I was going to say that my impulse would be, once it "became" an S day, to go all out, and return to my binge/down the hatch/uncontrolled behaviors. And I was impressed with the fact that you were only talking about cookie bits. Lo and behold, I didn't say anything about it, and you made it an instructive, contained failure. WOW! What a success. A successful failure!

In other words, GREAT WORK for for NOT being all "down the hatch." I will remember this the next time I am faced with a similar situation.