New to this

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sandiko

New to this

Post by Sandiko » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:46 am

Hi to everyone. I was browsing through the Australian Good Health magazine when I came across the no S diet. It sounded interesting and made sense. I am someone who has tried every diet out there and I hate the word diet - which means counting carbs, calories and all the other tiresome work that goes with it. I would like to lose about 20 kilos. I am generally not a big meal eater but a real bad snack eater. I think most of the time I do it out of boredom and for something to do, so I usually snack about 10 times a day. I thought if I could get rid of this terrible behaviour perhaps I would lose weight. I have tried to find the book in stores everywhere with no luck. I tried to download the ebook but then it said I could only download it if I lived in the USA or Canada. I would need to wait 4-6 weeks if I ordered it from the US. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME if you know where I could download the book. In the meantime, I am not sure what to eat for my 3 meals and what to drink in between. Could someone give me the basic outline as the magazine didnt go into too much detail, except no snacks, sweets or seconds during the week and snacks can be eaten on Saturday and Sunday.

la_loser

Welcome to No S!

Post by la_loser » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:14 am

Actually, virtually everything you need to know is right here in this link:

http://www.nosdiet.com/

Certainly, the book fleshes out some details and is quite entertaining to read, all you really need is here. . . and that's one of the most extraordinary features of this "diet"--it's more of a lifestyle.

There are no restrictions on what you should or should not eat. . . except for those 14 little words that make up the diet.

There are just three rules and one exception:
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds

Except (sometimes) on days that start with "S"
PERIOD!

For most people, that means three satisfying meals a day, consisting of whatever you want that will fit on one plate for each meal. (no piling high or gargantuan plates:) ) The idea is to eat enough for your meal that you will not need to have a snack in between.

When I first started, I simply printed the No S section from the web as noted above and read it several times--till I could really convince myself that unlike other diets, this diet is unlike any I'd ever done. Some have referred to all those other dies that make you count calories, carbs, points, etc. as "substance accounting diets" or S.A.D. ones--because they make us SAD! And they're impossible to sustain!

Just say no to EATING anything between meals. Beverages are ok--unless they're sugar based type drinks like soda or pop or Coke or whatever you might call carbonated drinks! Juice is ok and so is milk because it will help you "tide" yourself over, especially at the beginning.

As you have time, browse these boards and you will gain a wealth of knowledge from reading what others have posted. You'll find we're a supportive and positive group--and quite international as well.

How exciting for Reinhard, the creator of No S and the other Everyday Systems that the Australian Good Health magazine has given No S some well-deserved publicity!

Perhaps some of the members from Australia or New Zealand will able to give you some ideas on getting the book.

Good luck!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:16 am

Hi Sandiko :)
If you go to the top of the page and click on No S Diet, you can read the original internet essay on the system.
Since then, Reinhard elaborated and expanded it into a book and it was published last year.
I recommend reading both.
Good luck!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:24 am

If you want the book (recommended), there is information about how you can buy the hard copy or ebook (kindle or Sony) linked from here:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4042

Whoops, sorry, I didn't read your original post thoroughly enough and you have obviously already tried this. Sorry.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Sandiko,

Sorry the book is hard to find in Australia... even in electronic form (that makes zero sense and is extremely annoying). I hope the Australian Good Health article will persuade more booksellers there to stock it (from what I understand, it's a pretty high circulation magazine).

The good news, as others have mentioned, is that the nosdiet.com home page covers everything you need to know (and it's all free). And I'll email you privately about getting an unofficial electronic "reviewers" copy of the book.

Welcome to the group and hope to soon see many more of your compatriots here! (there are a few already)

Reinhard