A prodigal No-Ser

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MoTappin

A prodigal No-Ser

Post by MoTappin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:07 pm

I've just come back to No-S after close to a year. I started on Tuesday. For some reason, it's different this time. It's easier. I'm taking it more seriously, and I've had 4 green days in a row. Tonight is DH's birthday party with family, and I'm going to enjoy the treats without guilt.

And, I've lost weight already. I'm really reigning in my portions this time and finding myself NOT hungry most of the time. If I do get a little hungry in the afternoons, I drink some water and just realize that being a little hungry is NOT GOING TO KILL ME. I'm sure most of us in modern civilization have no idea what hunger really is. I'm reading the book for the 2nd time and it's clicking better than before. I'm enjoying eating like a normal person with emphasis not only on taste, but good nutrition.
I have realized what a permasnacker I've always been, and I'm going to fix it. Maybe it's because I've done this before, but I feel habits taking hold already.

Eating like a normal/thin person. What a concept!
Meredith

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:14 am

Welcome back.

Glad to hear that this time is already easier. My return this time has also been easier.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:36 pm

Welcome, back, Meredith!

You've got plenty of company here; it takes most people a few tries for No-s to click. It's nothing to get down about; replacing bad habits with good ones is HARD, but in the end, so incredibly worth it.
being a little hungry is NOT GOING TO KILL ME
I've actually come to enjoy being a little hungry every now and then! And I think, once you get over the initial hump, you will too. "Appetite is the best sauce."

Reinhard

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:02 am

Welcome back. :)