Need a sponsor!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

breslaver

Need a sponsor!

Post by breslaver » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:36 pm

I've been yoyo-ing with this wonderful diet for several months. Each time I go away for a few days I seem to lose momentum and can't get back on track - even tho for a few months I loved marking the habital. I've been doing the opposite - snacking excessively on sweets throughout the week - making everyday "S "

Because of various food restrictions due to intestinal problems, this is the only diet which will work for me - being able to choose foods that are ok and won't cause an intestinal blockage. However, one thing I need is a real live "sponsor" for a daily check in - OA has such a thing.

I'm a 55 year old orthodox jewish female in the NY area. I"m interested in any suggestions of how to get back on track with additional support.

This bulletin board is fantastic, as is its' founder RE.

la_loser

Welcome to No S!

Post by la_loser » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:38 am

Welcome to the boards now that you've made your first post! (Although it looks like you've been lurking a while!)

I'm not as frequent a poster as you'd need if you're wanting a specific person to check in with online. And if you mean you're looking for someone in your geographical area to be accountable to, I'm too far away from you to do that anyway.

I can tell you that if you create your own check-in thread that this group (as you've probably seen) is awesome to jump right into each others' check-ins to give support/suggestions/comments, etc. You might try that for a while and see how that will help you.

We're all in this together. Good luck.
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi Breslaver,

I have two out of three! I'm a 49-year old female....and I'm in New York (but Upstate)....I'm not Jewish, but am of the school of thought that believes you're part of God's chosen people. So....I'm not sure whether I can help or not, but I like to think of myself as a cheerleader...and sometimes that's exactly what we all need. If you want someone to check in on your check-in, I'd be happy to do that for you...I'm here almost every day. I can't promise to have all the answers, but I'm determined to eat this way the rest of my life. I want to be changed from the inside out...and be in control of my food instead of my food controlling me. I don't think there's a plan out there anywhere that does that besides this one.

Have you had a chance to read the book? There's a great section on "failures" in there that helps put the struggling in perspective. If you haven't read it, it's well-worth doing so. Whenever I'm struggling there always seems to be a bit of encouragement for me there.

You can do this...you really can. Every time you pick yourself up, dust off the crumbs & start over you're heading in the right direction.

Keep in touch!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

belser

Post by belser » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Breslaver!

I am also not local to you, nor am I Jewish...but were you looking for someone to share your location and religion OR were you simply sharing a little bit about yourself and looking for some support on this wonderful journey to better eating habits?

I do try to check the site regularly and I would be happy to add my support along with Janie's! (she's right ya know, You can do this!) My cravings for sweets during the week are still a struggle for me also (my sweet tooth is the size of Mt. Everest!). I find Monday is the day I struggle the most in avoiding sweets and then it gets easier by Friday until I can eat sweets again over my S days. I think Reinhard mentions that it typically takes a few tries before people get on track so don't feel alone! It's the long haul you are keeping your eye on to create the habit. So keep picking yourself up and practicing! The on track eating habits will become more and more frequent if you keep at it.

Keep writing to the discussion board and let us help you!

hugs,

Bren :D

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:37 pm

Welcome, breslaver!

I'd love to be able to "sponsor" everyone's daily checkin, but I'm afraid I just can't keep up...

What might be a good idea is to partner with someone else to sponsor each other. I know that's been done before. And then you both get something out of it.

Reinhard