combining No S with other WOE's

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ryan1972

combining No S with other WOE's

Post by ryan1972 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:39 pm

Is there anyone out there who combines the principles of No S with other plans? I am interested in the concept of Paleo-style eating, but I also like the habit-building system of No S.

I'd love to hear about what other people are eating and what levels of success you are having with it.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:44 am

I combine it with cooking from scratch as much as possible, avoiding processed or diet foods, half-assed locavore, and eating things that taste good. :wink: Oh, and I make it a point to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables in my three meals.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:05 am

Thalia wrote:I combine it with cooking from scratch as much as possible, avoiding processed or diet foods, half-assed locavore, and eating things that taste good. :wink: Oh, and I make it a point to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables in my three meals.
Me, too.

I think any way of eating that doesn't encourage snacking would work with this. What's important is that it's something you can do for the rest of your life.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

lindalou

Post by lindalou » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:46 am

I also combine it with cooking from scratch as much as possible, avoiding processed or diet foods and I also make it a point to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables in my three meals. :D

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:36 pm

I think it "layers" well with anything that is not inherently idiotic. :) No-S primarily focuses on habits regarding WHEN you eat, and with the exception of "no sweets," doesn't really address WHAT you eat. So, you can combine it with most nutritional plans that focus on the "what".

Like Wosnes, Thalia, and others, I try to focus on "real food," enough fruits/veg (I do plate divisions when they make sense), and complex rather than refined carbs.

The nice part of that choice is that over time, my tastes have changed so that most of the processed crap around is so unappealing that I can't imagine even WANTING to eat it.