2 s days wk

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Brenna

2 s days wk

Post by Brenna » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:19 am

I was wondering if anyone still loses with 2 s days a wk. I keep reading about 2 s day a month, and all these othere different variations

any help?

la_loser

Yes they do . . .and don't mess with S's!

Post by la_loser » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:59 am

Yes, people do "still" lose with two S days a week. It's slow and it's steady, but it's sustainable. This eating style is not going to be fast but it's real. The simplicity of it all is its strength as well.

That's how Reinhard came up with this whole thing to begin with--he lost 40 pounds over a period of time (the first 20 in about 2 months) and when his friends hounded him to share his "secret to success" he created a website to share it with others. Eventually it led to this site, then the book.

I see that you "joined" back in April so I'm guessing you've read the original No S info and maybe the book? You're right, several people have made their own modifications, but I sense that for the most part, No S'ers stick to the original plan and still manage to lose without many mods.

Did you read Too Solid Flesh's testimonial page from today-over 80 pounds lost in three years? And that's not the only one.

I held fairly steady for probably two or three months in the beginning which was probably a good thing because had I continued eating like I had been, I would have just blimped up even more. Now that my habits have really taken hold, I have lost about 13 pounds since the middle of January. And that seems amazing to me.

Now about S days--I do hold to Reinhard's admonition to "not be an idiot" on S days. . . you've probably seen a lot of discussion about that, especially lately. But again, that will usually take care of itself. (listen to the "S days gone wild" podcast.

I think that you're going to get a lot of replies that say not to mess with your S's! (Ah how's that variation--Instead of "Don't Mess with Texas", we could just say, "Don't Mess with S's!" Yeah, I like that-think I'll post it on the Glossary Board!

Hope this helps--and enjoy tomorrow-it's Sunday! Then you can turn your attention to the three rules on Monday.
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

apomerantz

Post by apomerantz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:47 am

LA Loser - - Just wanted to say that your post is really helping me. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm just over normal weight, and so far, I love No S, but I'm really more maintaining than losing weight.

Truthfully, I am seeing some changes in my body, so I'm not discouraged. AND, my S days have not gotten under good control yet (still in the idiot phase I'm afraid), so your post actually gives me a lot of hope that this can become my way of eating for life.

la_loser

cool

Post by la_loser » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:05 am

:lol:I am glad to hear that. Sometimes I worry that I ramble on. . . And on!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol: