Started No S Monday

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

amiechann

Started No S Monday

Post by amiechann » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:36 pm

I started the No S diet Monday, and so far so good!
It's really hard for me to not count calories, but I'm still a bit obessed with it. Quitting the sweets and snacks has not been hard so far. I have found that some good tea with sugar or some milk makes a big difference in keeping me on track.

The hardest thing is trying to keep from eating another "dinner" when my husband gets home. He always wants me to eat with him, but our schedules do not permit it. There is no way I could wait to eat until 8:30 at night :shock:

I've read through a lot of the posts on here and it seems like a good support system :wink:

la_loser

Welcome to No S!

Post by la_loser » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:34 am

Welcome,

You're right-this is a quite supportive board. And it IS tough to get out of that diet mindset--but how freeing it is!

It will be tough for you to manage the difference in schedules for you and your husband. You may note that No S does not specify number of meals. Perhaps you could build in a 4th mini-meal that would allow you to hold on until your husband's dinner if you want to eat with him. You could make your "extra meal" your third meal and your "real" dinner when he eats of the other way around. As many posters have done in similar situations, they choose a specific couple of items that would sustain them. Yes, that sounds like a snack, but Reinhard differentiates it from a snack. Here is the link to the No S Mods (modifications) page:

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... 6435#56435

It's always suggested to wait a while to try to do any mods-but that's when people are too anxious to see quick results. Since you know your schedule may be a problem, you may want to build a safety valve into your plan, using caution, of course.

Stay tuned and enjoy this simple, sensible and sustainable life style.
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

brotherjohn

Post by brotherjohn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Welcome aboard! No-Ess is the most sensible plan I've found, and the support system here is great. We look forward to hearing from you and celebrating your progress! :D
"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." --St. Paul

Read my free weekly devotional rural adventures at:

www.countrypreacherdad.com