NWS

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

burbanum

NWS

Post by burbanum » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:45 am

HI I am new and confused when people talk about NWS days. What is this?

la_loser

Definition of NWS

Post by la_loser » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:39 am

Welcome--

NWS means Non-Weekend S Days--as in days you deem to be Special days.

Since the rules say No snacks, no seconds and no sweets except (sometimes) on days that start with S, the general idea is that S days are Saturday and Sunday plus other special days like birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, sick days, etc. Some Special days are predetermined like the holidays, etc. but since Reinhard cautions against making special days for perhaps not so exceptional reasons, they are sort of limited. A rule of thumb is around 2 Non-Weekend Special days per month. . . but that's not a hard and fast rule. For example if you observe Christmas and your birthday is Dec. 10th and your anniversary is Dec. 28th and you go to a New Year's Eve party. . . that would make several NWS days in December-but some of those might fall on the weekend.

Hope this helps. I know a lot of us use jargon that we've gotten used to and it may be confusing. Be sure to ask-someone's always ready to respond!

Welcome to our growing community!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol: