Drinks?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Daisy73

Drinks?

Post by Daisy73 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:34 pm

So I'm assuming that non-calorie drinks like coffee, water, tea are all good in between meals?

I pretty much just drink water all day but I sip two cups of coffee (black)throughout the first part of the morning. However, in the summer I love herbal iced teas.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:32 pm

You can even have caloric drinks, if they aren't heavily sweetened -- milk, fruit or vegetable juices, I suppose you could have keffir or whatever too.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:38 pm

I think those would be fine. You'll see on the homepage that a dab of sugar added to beverages is even allowable.

My personal rule of thumb (prot) on beverages is this: If sugar is a small addition I add then the beverage is allowed. If it's an essential ingredient, it's not.

Juice has a lot of naturally occurring sugars but since it's too expensive for me to drink more than once a day, I haven't had to develop a prot yet.