Crawling back.....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

drswife

Crawling back.....

Post by drswife » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Okay this is my 3rd try and am back this time not so much to lose weight but because I miss the feeling I had while I was on NoS. Since I've been a disordered eater since just about as long as I can remember it was an incredible feeling to feel sane about food and I really want that back in my life.

When I was little my mom was a single parent and we had a very unstructured environment which meant you just grabbed something to eat whenever and wherever. Also, since about the age of 10 I was on some kind of diet and had the continual binge/starve cycle going on. I never knew what it was like to have a normal relationship with food until I went on the Nos diet. I realize that I really need this structure in my life to put food back in it's proper place. I'm either trying to restrict myself or giving myself unlimited freedom to eat whatever I want. Either way I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about food and feeling bad about myself for not being able to deal with this issue in my life.

I tried the intuitive eating thing but that is just too random and vague like Reinhard says in his intro. You still end up thinking about food all day because you constantly have to ask yourself if you're hungry or not finally I just say oh forget it already, I'll just eat. Anyway, I'm excited to be back on track and really ready to give this another try. I really have come to terms with my weight in the last few years, I exercise regularly and realize that I'm so much more than a number on the scale, but my relationship with food is still very unsatisfactory and I know that nos can help me tremendously with that and hey if I lose a few lbs on the way I won't complain. I think I read somewhere on the webpage that you first need to fix your behaviors around food and then whatever you weigh is the right weight for you. Something like that anyways and that is exactly the right way for me to approach this.

Thanks for listening to me ramble and wish me luck!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm on like my 15th try or something, so I understand. Welcome back! :)
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:04 pm

You know what they say????
Three times a charm! :wink:
Good luck!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

apomerantz

Post by apomerantz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Best of luck this go around!!! I can so relate to what you are saying . . .I think this time is going to work. You sound ready.

from one drs wife to another,

Anita

drswife

Post by drswife » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement--I need it! :)

Anita sounds like you can relate on more than one level. ;)

brotherjohn

Post by brotherjohn » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:30 pm

Hello, and welcome!

You're in the right place, and your on your way this time!

blessings,

John
"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." --St. Paul

Read my free weekly devotional rural adventures at:

www.countrypreacherdad.com