Weight loss is slow...but steady

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

janmarie

Weight loss is slow...but steady

Post by janmarie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:15 am

Did my monthly weight in, lost 3 lbs in April. I lost three pounds in March. I was happy to see I have finally dropped below 150! It's sooo much harder to lose weight at my age! (57) I am doing a bit of walking on the weekends, lifting weights for about 15 minutes daily. If i could do something aerobic everyday it would really make a difference. I might really make an effort to do that this month and watch my portions a little closer. But I am happy about the 3 pounds! At this rate, it will take me about 5 months to get to goal but that last 5 or so pounds might be slower to lose..we will see.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:02 pm

Morning, we sound a bit alike. I just turned sixty in March, weigh 152. My best weight is about 140 - got down to 138 before the holidays last year but that was a bit too thin, it aged me more than I would have liked. There is such a thin line. I think my body would like to be ten pounds thinner than my face and neck. :lol:

Slow and steady is the way to go, for sure. I have a sister in law who wants (and needs, medically) to lose weight but says, What good would a pound a week do?)

Well, in a year it would be 52 pounds, that's what!

SUE