Newbie--Back Again

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MB

Newbie--Back Again

Post by MB » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:31 pm

I lost 15 pounds in 2 months on this diet back in the fall and I know I can start again. I need to lose 50 pounds and this is the only diet that seems to work for me. I have PCOS so I have to lose weight in order to become pregnant. I really need encouragement. I hope this time I will reach my goal. I'm sure I will have lots of questions. :)

harpista

Re: Newbie--Back Again

Post by harpista » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:37 pm

MB wrote:I lost 15 pounds in 2 months on this diet back in the fall and I know I can start again. I need to lose 50 pounds and this is the only diet that seems to work for me. I have PCOS so I have to lose weight in order to become pregnant. I really need encouragement. I hope this time I will reach my goal. I'm sure I will have lots of questions. :)
I have PCOS too, and this is the only "diet" that has ever worked for me (without lots of pain that is). I would be totally happy to have someone else here I can discuss this angle with. You will find that many people with diabetes can sympathize with aspects of this problem.

I'm not sure if you see an endocrinologist? Mine insisted I add healthy snacks to the program. I am developing a list of pre-approved n-day snacks (chosen based on calorie count, plus usually produce of some kind). And I have been successful despite this requirement so I don't really resent it (I did No-S previously without any n-day snacking).
Nulla palma sine pulvere.
'No garland of victory without first the dust of the arena.'

Sometimesians, unite!

emd1212

Post by emd1212 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi! I don't seem to have PCOS, but I am having some fertility difficulties, and it's easy to turn to food due to the stress! At the same time, I want to lose a few pounds to be in the best shape for pregnancy. I just wanted to say good luck with No-S, and I do hope your will succeed in resolving your PCOS issues; have you talked to your doctor about medications that might help?

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:29 am

Welcome, and good luck!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:41 pm

Welcome back, MB!

Best of luck and looking forward to your questions,

Reinhard

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Welcome back! I am recently back again as well.

Look forward to your posts!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18