I'm So EXCITED! Finally, I'm feeling and eating normal!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lovinlee

I'm So EXCITED! Finally, I'm feeling and eating normal!

Post by lovinlee » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Hello Everyone!

I just had to tell everyone how great I feel this week, especially because I completed my first successful week of the No S diet. I can honestly say, giving the diet my all, it was very easy. I'm now on my S days and I'm a little worried but not so much that I won't enjoy it.

I have tried to start the No S diet several times before but it didn't take. Mainly because when I feel bad about myself and my weight, I have a crazy urge to go on a quick fix diet and then after a week of not eating what I want, I go on a crazy eating rampage.

My whole life has been about either dieting like crazy or overeating. There has never been an in between. Never just eating normal and enjoying life. I would diet to lose 10, 15 even 30 pounds, then start eating and gain 10, 15, can you believe 30 pounds faster then I ate the whole 2 pints of vanilla fudge ice cream.

Back in 2000, I was at my highest weight of 300lbs. I lost 150 in 6 months doing the Atkins diet, which was great. But the problem with that was I never learned how to eat properly. Now, I weigh 215lbs and I would like to lose 40lbs, which put me at good weight of 175 for my 5'10 height.

So, I finally have a way to eat what I like with the tools in place to keep me from overeating which would lead me to extreme dieting. I know that It can still be a challenge for me because I sometimes have that miniature version of me sitting on my shoulders, whispering in my ear, don't you want to be that size 12 now, go ahead, starve yourself silly so you can drop 9 pounds in 11 days. But I won't go there again, and I will settle for slow weight loss in order to live a non abusive eating life!

Thank you ReinHard for the NO S diet! And thanks guys for reading me out! Hope it wasn't too long.

la_loser

Welcome to No S!

Post by la_loser » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:42 pm

Your post is not too long at all, especially coming from me who writes essays every time I post! :)

A post like yours that details your past diet history is so similar to so many (most) of us. We could probably merge a bunch of our "first posts" into one big story fest then new people could just go in and "ditto" it! Not that I'm encouraging that-it's very cathartic I think for us to 1) put into words what sort of unsustainable DIET (4 letter word) craziness we've subjected ourselves to over the years and 2) it's a reaffirmation to everyone to see that we ourselves have been there before and that we're not alone in our misadventures. . .

Hang on to NO S and remember this when/if you get one of those "needs for a quick fix-what new thing has come down the pike type urges!"

Welcome and post often!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

lovinlee

Post by lovinlee » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Thanks for the encouragement LA! I'm really looking forward to forming my new good habits.

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:35 pm

lovinlee,

I can feel the excitement in your post and I share it.

Good luck on your journey to better health.

SR :wink:

lovinlee

Post by lovinlee » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Thanks for the support StrawberryRoan! This is going to be an exciting journay!

Also, Congrats on your success! I've read your post and plenty others, so I'm pretty inspired!

With all these exclamation points I feel like I'm screaming. :lol:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:11 am

Great to hear you are enjoying NoS Lee!!
It is very "exclamation mark" worthy!!!!!
This plan is really the most *sane* and livable diet!!
And it's very enjoyable!
Continued good luck and keep us posted!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:11 am

It sounded as if you were on the *dead run* as you were typing that message, lovinlee. ;-)

Yeah, a lot of diets don't work too well because you are not eating normally, banning this, banning that, counting calories ... you are not *LEARNING* how to behave long term in the real world.

It's good to be able to lose weight very fast but if you gain it all back and more, what was the point ? :-(

This diet is good to help you keep the weight off long term since you are 'reprogramming' your food related habits making it easier to stick with it for many years.

Good luck on your journey.

"Dead run : A steady run at top speed: The center fielder caught the ball on the dead run."
Dictionary.com

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds - - - 06/10/2009 : 212.8 pounds
7 months 10 days / 67.2 pounds

flightisleavin

Post by flightisleavin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:36 pm

Lovinlee: I get exactly how you feel.

When I was (for the thousandth time) looking over the diet books on Amazon I wanted one where if you were to ask me the question "Could you see yourself doing this forever and I mean forever?" and I could answer yes, then I would be willing to buy the book and take it on. For me No S was that plan. I did not want it to be temporary.

Life goes on without snacks, sweets or seconds. Nobody dies from not having sweets, snacks or seconds. You can be well nourished and healthy without snacks, sweets or seconds. And because you an occasional S day to indulge, they are not written off forever.

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:14 am

Welcome lovinlee! I'm so gald you found NoS and are having so much success so far! It works - plain and simple!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!