Not eating sweets results in eating more fruits.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

flightisleavin

Not eating sweets results in eating more fruits.

Post by flightisleavin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:45 pm

I have noticed that when I don't eat sweets I eat more fruits and they taste a lot sweeter. I am talking about eating fruit as part of a meal and not as a snack. Eating fruits is a challenge for me and I really do think they are nature's food. We are meant to eat them. A chocolate bar is much easier to get ahold of.

I had the thought that perhaps the reason fruit consumption has gone down for most Americans is the easy availability of overly sweetened foods, thus lessening the taste for fruit.

hotmailmamma

Post by hotmailmamma » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:46 am

I absolutely agree with you there!

However, I have always eaten fruit as a part of a meal or with protein. For some reason, fruit on its own always gave me gas or diarrhea, or it made me hungrier in between meals. :sad:

Now with No S, even sweets tend to upset my stomach.
Diamonds are a girls best friend, but Good Sense is a Woman's best friend! - ME
SW: 270lbs - 267lbs
http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/edit/?t=*&o=4259

flightisleavin

Post by flightisleavin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:10 am

deleted
Last edited by flightisleavin on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

flightisleavin

Post by flightisleavin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:11 am

hotmailmamma wrote:, or it made me hungrier in between meals. :sad:
Same here. I always wondered why it was considered a "healthy" snack because I could never just eat a peice of fruit by itself without feeling hungry.