A Soda Solution...maybe

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

A Soda Solution...maybe

Post by Over43 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:56 am

When I was a kid my parents never brought soda home. We drank milk and water (and Kool Aide I guess), but never soda. We did sneak dad's Kahlua. (I sswear this was anew bottle?) But enough of that.

When I was 16 I picked up a job at Burger King and my Coca Cola love affair began. To this day, 29 years later. I've tried diet, but yuck!

So, I have started a new approach. Club Soda. It has now calories, no sweeteners, low sodium, tastes like poo, but it has fizzle. And apparently I like fizzle because my Cola habit is giving way to Club Soda.

Give it a try, you'll get used to it.

O43
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:13 am

"Vintage" brand flavoured seltzer is our fave..
Lemon lime, cherry, orange...etc...
Good stuff!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:53 pm

Good substitions... find something you like and you'll get used to that in time and love it! Then years from now you'll have a regular loaded cola and think "yuck!" I did!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:38 pm

My sister adores Coca-Cola. I just think it's so NASTY! What is it that people like, because, to me, it tastes awful.
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

BigE

Post by BigE » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:40 pm

I quit cola a couple of years ago and I've never gone back, never even craved it. As a teenager I used to drink a blend of Diet Pepsi and orange juice -- it looked like dirty dishwater! Then later I switched to sugar Coke because Nutra-Sweet gives me a horrible headache.

I switched to green tea, which worked really well as a substitute because it has about the same caffeine content. Lately, I've also been drinking lime-flavored sparkling mineral water from Whole Foods -- it gets me through the late afternoon slump, when I formerly would have snacked. Refreshing for the summertime too.

It does work to change your habits. I switched to skim milk years ago and now whole milk totally grosses me out.