Starting up a second time

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Gabe

Starting up a second time

Post by Gabe » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Well, here I am back at it again. I tried this for a couple of months and was quite successful. The HabitCal really helped! Then my schedule switched on my new job to nights and then the PC went on the fritz and next thing I know, I'm off the wagon :( . Thankfully, I haven't made it back to my starting weight (I'm actually about 9 lbs from it! 8) ). At any rate, I am wanting to start it up again, because, man, I need to do something! I am going to start again with the rest of the day. Technically, I have already failed (stupid marshmallow cereal!), but have set up the fence around the rules for the rest of the day and week. I guess based on the book, failing for the first time isn't too bad as we, on average, fail at new things about a dozen times. Hopefully I'm above average and make it a true habit this time. Plus, we have a new PC and I'll have access to HabitCal again!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Welcome back and good luck!!!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

mimi

Post by mimi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Well, here I am back at it again.
That was me too, GBRN, back on April 30...but I came back, I'm still here, and going strong. No need to feel bad about falling off the wagon - many of us have been there, done that, and have the tee-shirt, as the saying goes.

Visit the boards often, get your Habitcals up and going, and do a dialy check-in. We'll help you out!

Welcome back!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:35 pm

This is my second try too -- and it has lasted more than six months! So a prior attempt doesn't mean you're doomed to fail.

Doesn't Reinhard say it takes most people more than one try for it to stick?